Webelos Expo replaces Webelos Woods and focuses on Webelos Advancement.
The 2017 Armadillo District Webelos Expo will be held November 11 at Pioneer Farms.
Advancement areas that will be supported: Webelos
- Cast Iron Chef: 1 – plan a meal, 2 – prepare a meal, 3 – build a fire
- First Responder: 5 – demonstrate treatment for 5 of long list
- Stronger, faster, higher: 2 – do exercises and record results, 5- prepare a fitness course or games
- Webelos Walkabout: 3 – recite outdoor code and leave no trace, 4 – hike 3 miles, 5 – identify plants, 6- leadership role (switch off during hike)
Advancement areas that will be supported: Arrow of Light
- Outdoorsman: campout or outdoor activity, describe how to handle emergencies, tie a bowline, recite outdoor code and leave no trace.
- Scouting Adventure: oath, law, scout spirit, sign, salute, etc.
- Castaway: cooking without utensils, start fire, build a shelter, outdoor survival kit, treating water, describe lost awareness (S-T-O-P)
- Into the woods: tree and plant identification
Also, we will have an Archery range as an activity not tied to advancement.
The cost for Webelos Expo is $15 per attendee (Scouts and adults for both Webelos and Troops). This includes lunch and dinner, a patch, and all supplies necessary to support advancement.
8:00 – 9:00 am Registration and activity sign-up
9:00 – 9:30 am Flag ceremony and orientation
9:30 – 10:45 am First activity
10:45 – noon Second activity
Noon – 1 pm Lunch (provided)
1:00 – 2:30 pm Third activity
2:30 – 4:00 pm Fourth activity
4:00 – 5:30 pm Free time to tour Pioneer Farms or set up camp
5:30 – 6:30 pm Dinner (provided)
6:30 – 7:30 pm Indian-themed campfire with a drum circle and Scouts in Indian regalia
There is also the option to camp overnight on Saturday night.
Questions? Contact Dirk Heinen at dirk@L1Star.us or 512-751-3674