Friends of Scouting (FOS) is the annual fundraising campaign that typically funds about 25% of the total expense of Scouting in the Capitol Area. Why is this important to you and your unit? Every year FOS raises much needed funds for the Armadillo District and the Capital Area Council to provide programs for our youth.
Some of the items that the campaign helps fund:
- Training programs for volunteers
- Programs like Cub Scout Day Camp, Cub Scout Adventure Days, Cub Partner Campouts, Webelos Extreme Adventure Camp, Webelos Winter Camp, Boy Scout Summer Camp, Boy Scout Winter Camp, National Youth Leadership Training, and Venturer activities
- Professional staff, office administrative staff, and camp rangers to assist and give guidance to your unit
- Financial assistance to individuals in the form of camping scholarships
- A chance for every interested young person – regardless of financial condition, developmental disability, or location – to have an opportunity to join Scouting
All of this and more are possible only because of your support. Most people do not realize that the local Council does not receive any portion of the annual dues collected for membership. That’s why we need your help.